Mitsubishi Evo (prepared something.. something)

Questions, comments, and discussions concerning COMSCC rules.

Moderator: blindsidefive0

FredK
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Re: Mitsubishi Evo (prepared something.. something)

Post by FredK » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Yep, I also got 6.33 using the numbers you provided -- the alternate power I got was 418.6.

As it stands with the 418.6 hp Option B calculated power, you'd have to get to a competition weight of 2721 lbs to squeak into Super A.

Car: 2470 lbs
You: 180 lbs
Helmet and HANS: 6 lbs+

If you wanted to run SA, you'd have to add 65 pounds of ballast. Was the 2470 pound weight with a full tank of gas? Alternately, you could reduce your rev limiter to 7614 RPM and forget about putting ballast in. By doing so, you'd being the Option B power down to 408.6, and the resulting weight to power ratio to 6.5.

You might be able to get a lower power using Option A. What kind of dyno were your power runs made on? The rules state that you can take a 7% decrease for a correction factor on an AWD car if you used a Dynojet or Dynapack system.

Also, "Power" is defined as

“Power” = 2/3 wheel horsepower + 1/3 wheel torque

If you have a medium-ish amount of rwtq you might be able to get the power figure used in the calculation a smidge lower, especially if you took the numbers on a Dynojet or Dynapack.
-Fred
1991 BMW 318is
SB #242

agrabau
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by agrabau » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:32 pm

All signed up! I'm just going to run Super Duper class so there's no objections from anyone.
Alex Grabau
#63 Lancer Evolution II

DanDarcy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by DanDarcy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:23 pm

Alex SU is the right class to run. You don't have to worry about horse power, dyno sheets, torque, weight, etc. All you have to do is have a roll bar, driving suite, window net (or arm restraints), harness, and helmet. It's a run what you brung class. Have fun, I wish I could be there with you.
Dan D'Arcy
Lotus Exige Cup Car #069 SU
Lotus Elise #310 SD
Chevron B64 Formula SU
http://www.allpowersales.com/

DanDarcy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by DanDarcy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:23 pm

Alex SU is the right class to run. You don't have to worry about horse power, dyno sheets, torque, weight, etc. All you have to do is have a roll bar, driving suite, window net (or arm restraints), harness, and helmet. It's a run what you brung class. Have fun, I wish I could be there with you.
Dan D'Arcy
Lotus Exige Cup Car #069 SU
Lotus Elise #310 SD
Chevron B64 Formula SU
http://www.allpowersales.com/