- MA registered, inspected and insured. Rust-free - replaced both rocker panels Nov 2017.
- Race-prepped for COMSCC T40 class, and holds 9 COMSCC track records and many more podium finishes during it’s 3-driver lifespan. Was also raced in SCCA by its first owner.
- Race weight: 2260 with no driver or ballast, but with full tank gas + all fluids. Full cage.
- Sound: 96dB with a stock Miata muffler and muffler insert
- Dyno: Dynojet dyno results from March 2018: 128hp/116 torque (see graph below)
- Price: $11,000. It would cost significantly more than that to build this car’s configuration
Drive-line: 1996 ~50K mile 1.8L engine from Expoline (Derry, NH) from a street car installed 2017. Exhintake cam swap. Cam and engine prepared by Main Street Auto (Clinton, MA). New water pump, timing belt, idlers/tensioners, injectors, and fresh hoses and seals done with 2017 engine swap. Mazdacomp motor mounts. New valve cover gasket in 2012. MegaSquirt 93 PNP. Tune by Buddy Souza at Maximum Performance (Bristol, RI). GM IAT, Racing Beat header, AEM UEGO Wideband O2, Cat Delete via testpipe and custom exhaust with muffler insert. Fuel injectors serviced by Marren. Transmission from a 1999, solid - no issues, Motorcraft XT-M5-QS fluid. New Racing Beat exhaust header with flex joint (to prevent cracking) installed Jan 2018. Exedy clutch and 8lb Fidanza flywheel in 2013. 4:30 LSD, Red Line fluid. Spark Plugs: NGK Iridium, last replaced Mar 2018. Power steering left intact for better AX characteristics. PS pump replaced 2017. AC and radio removed. New CSF extra-large aluminum radiator and fan added Mar 2018. Added oil cooler 2017. No water thermostat. Oil change will be done Nov 2018 prior to sale. New Bosch starter Jan 2018 (2 yr warranty). Odometer is ~207K (exact is 193843+current AiM MXL reading). New ISC cold air intake system installed 2017.
Suspension and chassis: 2001 Subframes with Mazdacomp front reinforcements. 1994+ brakes, braided Goodridge lines and 1994 spindles, all new poly bushings including diff mounts, new Mazdacomp motor mounts. All new non-adjustable Bilstein Fatcat FCM Elite 3040 coilover system with 700/425 rates and custom bump stops, set up specific to the car’s current corner weights. Shocks rebuilt by RE Suspension in 2016. Energy Poly Bushings for 1.8. Rear Knuckles: NB. Racing Beat front bar with custom links, disconnected stock rear bar. New rear hubs/bearings 2016, new front hubs in 2017. Front and rear tow hooks. Car is wired for 4 pin trailer light connector. Car drives neutral by design. Replaced front calipers and all rotors Jan 2018.
Interior: Momo wheel with quick release hub. HANS compatible Schroth profi 2 belts (driver harness good until 2020, passenger harness good until 2023) – stock belts also still in-place to remain street legal. Driver’s seat: Ultrashield 16” road race full containment seat with halo, Passenger seat: Ultrashield spec/drag seat. Electrical kill switch right of center console - in reach of driver. Driver side net. DEI Floor and Tunnel insulation to reduce cabin temperatures. Full cage by Chris Howard with door cross bars to maintain full interior, modified by Haydn Taylor for elbow clearance. Power windows. Stock hard top, bolted down with Miata Cage brackets. Custom center console with horn, cool suit switch, fire pull, etc.
Extras included: ESS 2.3L AFF Fire suppression system 2014. FAST cool suit system 2013 (does not include shirt). Driver’s window net. Lockable hidden hitch with 1-7/8” ball. 70 lb ballast system on passenger floor (consists of floor mount and two 35 lb weights). Red paint pen for hardtop. Used NITTOs.
Sold separately (all items below were used with #68):
- SmartyCam HD camera ($800): AiM SmartyCam HD camera mounted on roll cage that integrates AiM data on the video automatically. With original box.
- AIM MXL dash & sensors ($1200, sold as package only): AiM MXL dash on a custom bracket by Series Motorsports (Hookset, NH) in front of the stock dash. Logged channels include: brake pressure, oil pressure, coolant temp, oil temp and connection to MegaSquirt ECU for throttle position and other ECU channels. Jan 2018 replaced O2 sensor - wideband O2 is AEM UEGO 30-4110. Fuel/air ratio sensor and display added. Water temp gauge – Autometer Elite. Car will include detailed build/configuration sheets with spare part numbers and other build information, and detailed maintenance log spreadsheet from 2013 to present.